Thursday, February 22, 2007

Miles in Front: Christian Discipling


Continuing the sentimental reminiscing of below, I also have been fondly recollecting the weekly meetings with the bloke above. Each week we would meet in a coffee shop and discuss God together, how I was going in my faith, my highs and lows, how church was going, and many different ministry things (eg prayer, a theology of church, strategy, praying for those under our care, discussing books and other things). God got a lot bigger for me over those two years through our meetings and discussing the Bible. I am more committed to sharing and teaching the gospel of the Lord Jesus than ever before, thanks to his generosity in taking the time to meet with me each week where I was (50 minutes from him!) and encourage me in my Christian faith.

It was a fantastic time, and I am really looking forward to mentoring people from church one-on-one this year in the same way, if they let me, to share this great gift of encouragement and growth!

Thanks David Miles.

2 comments:

michael jensen said...

Well I am a BIG fan!

he's my hero! And now the lucky burghers of Springwood get him.

Andrew Paterson said...

I see his influence on you MJ. Flair, originality, dynamic imagery, passion, rich colours...in your preaching as well as your fashion sense!

I'm glad you've also been influenced for the better through Dave.

If we could make all the people who have been influenced and challenged and inspired by DM's faith and lavish insights into the Bible glow at night time, it would surely become day.