Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Lois


'I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you.'


2 Timothy 1:5


My wife's grandmother, Mary Rowland, died today at 83. She was the youngest of 9 children. She had a Christian faith that seemed unshakeable. God blessed her life richly. She mothered a family dynasty, with her children and grandchildren all followers of Jesus.


I rang her only this morning. I was speaking to her husband Stan about some health problems with our 3 year old son and some of my own personal anxieties when she entered the conversation on another handset. She reassured me that God was sovereign and in control and I need not fear. I thanked her for her timely reassurance.


It was a privilege to have spoken to her in such a great way on the day she went to be with her Lord and Saviour.

2 comments:

Anton said...

Hey Andrew,
long time no talk. Sorry to hear about Cec's grandmother. She sounds like an inspiring person and a real loss. Please give Cec my condolences.

I don't have your email address; want to drp me a line? Mine is adutoit at tpg dot com dot au

cheers my brother!

Andrew Paterson said...

Admittedly I have been grafted into the family heritage(like the Gentiles in Romans 9-11?), but a great heritage it is!

I totally agree with your comments.

cheers, ap