Monday, November 27, 2006




Another Thought About College...



...which I forgot before!



There are many different people at college. Some are introverts, some put themselves forward, some are amazingly brilliant, others are not and struggle all the way through college. Over half are boys from private schools with a uni education (like me). Others have no tertiary education. Most have done MTS (Ministry Training Scheme) and know each other as they enter college. Some know no-one.




Friend, work out where you sit in all this. Don't forget who YOU are in relationship with God. It is so easy to compare yourself to others at college and feel inadequate in some ways - or in every way. This is not good for you!All it does is deflate you and demonise the person or people you are comparing yourself to. Remember who you are in God's eyes, his precious child, loved by him for who you are.



Ok - sermon over! The picture is of our dog Soren.

1 comment:

Simon Elliott said...

Andrew you are right about college, as someone who struggled, I think I spent most of my time at college searching for where I could excell and when I found I couldn't enjoy the status I was used to I either went into my shell or became self effacing. I think it is great that college pulls in so many people who are so clever, if you are not as clever as some of the others who are there then rejoice, because God has put you there and he wants you to know these clever people as God changes you into the person he wants you to be.
College was great, I miss it, but I love being out of there.
Miss you Pato.