Friday, February 01, 2008

Jubilee Man Answers That Personal Questions Thing


1. Were you named after anyone?

Not first name. Second name is William (my Grandma Paterson's dad, who was a jockey). My third name is Tuipiri - named after my grandfather Paterson.

2. When was the last time you cried?

It's been a long time, many years. Occasionally I might feel very emotional.

3. Do you like your handwriting?

Yes, I think it's very beautiful!

4. What is your favourite lunch meat?

Smoked ham thinly sliced.

5. Do you have kids?

Three (see below)

6. If you were another person would you be friends with you?

I'm not sure I would be patient enough. It takes a while - and a fair bit of space - to see me at my best in a friendship. I ease into friendships rather than put myself out there before someone.

7. Do you use sarcasm alot?

All the time.

8. Do you still have your tonsils?

Yes - they're in a box under my bed (joke).

9. Would you bungee jump?

No, for two reasons: firstly, a friend did it and the blood vessels in his eyes burst; secondly, another male friend of mine jumped wearing a shirt - it lifted revealing his need to wear what Kramer would call 'The Bro' (it put me off the whole thing after that). Weird story I know, but true.

10. What is your favourite cereal?

I would mix cereals for my ultimate cereal - Sultana Bran with Nutri Grain.

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

Yes.

12. Do you think you are strong?

Physically I am under-rated...mentally I think I am pretty tough.

13. What is your favourite icecream?

I don't eat ice cream usually. However - maybe a cornetto.

14. What is the first thing you notice about people?

Good question. Ummm - their sense of style combined with their speaking voice.

15. Red or pink?

Red.

16. What is the thing that you like least about yourself?

My lack of self-confidence.

17. Who do you miss the most?

Some of my friends from Bible College who I prayed with and opened my life to.

19. What colour pants and shoes are you wearing?

Blue jeans, brown shoes.

20. Have you ever re-gifted?

Oh yes!

21. What are you listening to right now?

The sound of the dryer.

22. If you were a crayon what colour would you be?

Sky blue.

23. Favourite smells?

Rain following a muggy afternoon. A new book. Double Delight roses.

24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?

John Beasley asking me to come to church to hold a ladder for him while he replaced lights 40 feet up.

26. Favourite sports to watch?

Cricket in any form. A fast international Rugby match is hard to beat.

27. Hair colour?

Red turning to brown.

28. Eye colour?

Sky blue.

29. Do you wear contacts?

No.

30. Favourite food?

Caesar or beef salad, Lamb Korma with naan.

31. Scary movies or happy endings?

A scary thriller (as opposed to a horror movie) can be exhilarating.

32. Last movie you watched?

Amazing Grace - a fabulous film that heartened me to keep following Jesus as Lord!

33. What colour shirt are you wearing?

Dark blue with thin pale blue vertical stripes.

34. Summer or winter?

Winter.

35. Hugs or kisses?

Kisses.

36. Favourite dessert?

Vanilla or caramel mudcake with cream.

39. What book are you reading now?

Confessions of a Reformission Rev by Mark Driscoll; The Unnecessary Pastor by Marva Dawn and Eugene Peterson; Contemplative Youth Ministry by Mark Yaconelli.

40. What is on your mousepad?

I don't use one, I find them clunky and unnecessary.

41. What did you watch on tv last night?

America's Top Model with Cecily; news.

42. Favourite sound?

Heavy rain outside.

43. Rolling stones or Beatles?

Beatles.

44. What is the furthest you have been from home?

Physically, Singapore. Mentally and emotionally - a million years away.

45. Do you have a special talent?

I think I create goodwill and diffuse tension in people - making them feel at ease and more willing to open up to me.

46. Where born?

King George V Ward, Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney.


No comments: