Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Wonder of Generosity



Three young members of my church with not much money were hoping to go to Katoomba Youth Leadership Convention this year (cost $275). In spite of their lack of funds they paid with what they had anyway.


A little later, a money donation came to me from another church member who wanted to pay for them all.


I face my own money issue at present. There is not enough money in the church coffers to support Cecily and I this year in Mittagong. We will know by the end of February whether we are able to stay.


In January, someone sold their second car and gave the church the money to contribute to our staying. People have given anonymous donations. Usually our offertory is around the $2,300 mark - it was $11,000 two weeks ago.


It's a privilege to receive generosity from God's people - and to receive the grace of God himself.

Click on the Two Ways to Live button on my blog to hear more about that grace if you don't already know of it...

No comments: