Thursday, April 19, 2007

Stuff I've Been Reading/Listening To

Exclusion and Embrace (Volf)
Still going!

A Voice of One's Own: Public Faith in a Pluralistic Culture (Volf)
An MP3 series of three lectures Volf gave at Regent College, along with replies from Regent lecturers. I've heard the first one on 'Malfunctions of the Christian Faith'. Volf certainly has his finger on the cultural pulse and this was a really helpful lecture. Really looking forward to getting the time for Lectures 2 and 3.

The Way of Wisdom (Sven Soderlund and J I Packer (eds)).
It's a collection of essays on biblical wisdom dedicated to a guy called Bruce Waltke, a distinguished OT scholar. Wisdom in the bible is a theme I followed through last year as part of a bigger project on Biblical guidance in the context of working out one's future vocation. I want to understand biblical wisdom more - and apply it! Job 28:28.

Serving the People of God (Vol 2 of 4 Vol set) (J I Packer)
Been reading this for a year and a half now...


Stuff I'm getting to eventually:

Finishing the stuff I am reading now!

Postmodern Apologetics MP3 series (Alister McGrath):
Addresses in part the aggressive attacks of Richard Dawkins, the atheistic scientist/author

Finishing Serving the People of God and moving on to another volume in the series, Honouring the People of God (vol 4), which contains mini-biographies of important Christian theologians of the far and recent past.

And yes, that is me being ordained...had hair then too...

No comments: